The Banquet Sales Head is responsible for developing different sales strategies that promote the sale of the Club’s function room while ensuring revenue maximization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Creates and implements sales plans that drive a measurable increase in function room occupancy and an increase in average rates for Banquet Sales;
2) Develops and implements special programs/sales activities for increasing the Club’s function room occupancy and business volume during off-peak periods;
2) Develops and manages sales pipeline to ensure (i) accurate forecasting, (ii) proper resource allocation, (iii) increase in deal velocity and volume, and (iv) tracking of key metrics;
3) Develops and implements policies and procedure to ensure accurate and effective processing of conference booking, private functions, and weddings;
4) Communicates and plans with the Club’s Food and Beverage department and with the other Club’s food concessionaire to ensure high qualities of standards are maintained;
5) Reviews monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan;
6) Establishes parameters, quotations and negotiate prices, supported by written contracts, for 3rd party suppliers;
7) Identifies operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of banquet sales activities and overall department’s sales performance and work with the appropriate department on solutions;
8) Prepares and produces the department’s annual revenue plan, budgets and forecasts; and present information in the appropriate committee, if necessary;
8) Provides mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognize good performance; and
9) Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned by the Club’s General Manager.
The incumbent must possess the following:
Manila Polo Club is an exclusive club that offers its members and their guests a venue for their love of Polo, Equestrian and various other sports.
It dates back to November 1909, when Governor-General William Cameron Forbes, a polo enthusiast, established the club.
The first clubhouse was raised on Calle Real, Pasay where it was hailed as one of the best polo clubs in the world. During the Battle for the Liberation of Manila, it burned down and was rebuilt where it currently stands, on McKinley Road in Forbes Park.
In 1977, the Club assumed its proprietary classification and the club membership has evolved through the years.
At present, the Manila Polo Club is undoubtedly considered Manila’s premier club. Club members are mainly classified as the country's A-listers belonging to the influential and affluent level of the Philippine status quo. Political personalities, business icons, and heads of mission make up the diverse yet unified body of the Club membership.
“To be the absolute best membership family club in the Philippines, honoring more than 100 years of a distinctive heritage.”
The Club’s takes pride in providing its members with the following: